Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Library is a nonprofit, independent organization established in 1978 to support the Carnegie-Stout Public Library in its work throughout our community. The Friends desire is to promote the growth and welfare of the Library, enrich its resources, and make its services better known.
Join the Friends of the Library
We urge you to join us individually, as a family, as a patron, or as a business. Memberships are available at the Library Circulation Desk or Library Administration. We thank you for your interest and support!
For more information on the Friends of the Library, or to ask how you can be a Friend, please contact the Carnegie-Stout Library at 589-4225 and ask for Administration.
Friends of the Library Board Listing
- JoNita Grabow - Board President
- Barb Croghan - Vice President
- Mary Burns - Treasurer
- Tamara Prenosil, Secretary
- Joe Burns
- Anthony Grabow
- Jim Puls
- Karen Storlie
Check Out the Daily Book Sale
Visit the Daily Sale on the second floor of the Library. There are 100’s of items including Books, DVDs, Audio and CDs at terrific prices!
Fall Book Sale The Friends of the Carnegie-Stout Public Library have set the dates for their spring 2021 book sale. This sale will feature thousands of items including fiction, history, biography, children's books, graphic novels, Books on CD and DVDs. Extras include puzzles and games. Also featured are specialty items, collectibles and working computers. Call 563-589-4313 for more information.
- A members-only presale is set for Thursday, April 29th from 2:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and memberships are available at the door for as little as $5.00.
- The sale opens to the public on Friday, April 30th from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and continues on Saturday, May 1st from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Donations of Books
Donations of books are accepted that meet the following guidelines:
- No general fiction, or romance genre books older than five years
- In good condition (no writing, tape, yellowing, mold, or odor)
- No text books
- No encyclopedias
- No magazines
Books donated are reviewed for inclusion in the Library's collection and if not added the material will be offered for sale at the Friends of the Library's bi-annual book sale. The Friends of the Library offer a daily book sale that is located on the second floor of the Carnegie-wing of the Library. Donations to the Friends of the Library are tax-deductible.