Check Your Account by Phone
To check your account by phone, please follow these instructions:
- Dial (563) 589-0887.
- You will be asked for your library card number.
- You will be given a list of the following options:
- To renew a title press 1
- To hear the list of titles that are checked out press 2
- To hear the list of holds or to cancel a hold press 3
- To hear your current fines press 4
- To hear the titles that are overdue press 5
- You can always return to the main menu by pressing the # key.
TeleCirc is an automated system that allows patrons to call using a touch-tone phone and access the Library's card catalog system. With TeleCirc, a patron can renew books and review the status of overdue books, holds, hold cancellations, and items that are currently checked out.
TeleCirc is another way for a patron to check their library record. TeleCirc is accessible 24 hours a day. This way a patron can find out about their library record even when the library doors are closed. Also, the library uses TeleCirc as a means to contact a patron when books on hold are available for pick-up, or if items are overdue.
When TeleCirc Calls You
TeleCirc will call a patron if they have either a hold that is available or if a patron has an item that is overdue. TeleCirc will say to the person, or answering machine that picks up, that there is an item on hold / overdue and it will give the name of the patron. For privacy purposes, it will not give the name of the items that are on hold / overdue.
If you are having problems with TeleCirc, please contact us
or call Technical Services at (563) 589-4225.