When was the library built?
The library was built in 1902. This was made possible by a grant from Andrew Carnegie for the building and the gift of land from Frank Stout in memory of his father Henry Stout. The public library was named after these two benefactors. In the mid 1930’s the library board purchased the property (Masonic Temple) adjoining the library in anticipation of future growth. The library was expanded in 1981. In December 2008 the Library embarked on a total renovation of the facility.
The renovation was completed in September, 2010.

History of the Library

Show All Answers

1. When was the library built?